If you’re anything like us, you don’t want to spend tons of time in the kitchen, but we DO want to make meals at home using all of the seasonal produce that is so stunning at this time of year. The nice thing about summer cooking is that since the ingredients are so wonderful, you don’t have to do much to them in order to make a great dish. Just run to your closest Farmer’s Market and pick up all the fresh goodies you need.
We’ve compiled some of our all-time FAVROTIE summer recipes from appetizers to main courses and desserts. Check them out below:
Feta & Corn Black Bean Dip
Serves 30 (Not a Typo!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
½ cup Sugar
¾ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
¾ cup Vegetable Oil
3 (15oz) Cans of Black Beans - Drained & Rinsed
3 (15oz) Cans Shoepeg Corn – Drained & Rinsed
1 Bunch of Scallions – Chopped
1 Bunch of Cilantro – Chopped
1 (8oz) Block Feta Cheese – Crumbled
1. Whisk sugar, vinegar and oil in a large bowl
2. Add the black beans, corn, scallions, cilantro, and feta and mix well
3. Chill until serving time
4. Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips
Tangy Pineapple Strawberry Salsa
Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
1 Cup Pineapple – Diced
½ Cup Sweet Vidalia Onion – Diced
1 Jalapeño – Diced
½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
1 Lime – Juiced
½ tsp Salt
3 Kiwi – Diced
1. Dice the strawberries, onion, jalapeño, pineapple, and kiwi and add to a medium-sized bowl. Stir.
2. Add in the salt, cilantro, and lime juice.
4. Serve with tortilla chips or over your favorite taco!
Caprese Pasta Salad
Cook Time: 22 minutes
For Vinaigrette Dressing:
¼ Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
2-3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Clove Minced Garlic
¼ tsp Kosher Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
For Pasta Salad:
½ Pound Dried Pasta (Farfalle or Other Small Pasta)
8oz Mozzarella Pearls (or Cubed)
2 Cups Grape Tomatoes – Sliced In Half
¼ Cup Fresh Basil Leaves – Thinly Sliced
1. Cook pasta according to box instructions
2. While pasta cooks, whisk together Vinaigrette ingredients in a large bowl
3. Drain Pasta and combine with Vinaigrette Dressing
4. Chill until ready to serve
Rosemary Garlic Steak Kabobs
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
For Steak Marinade:
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
3 Cloves Garlic - Minced
Salt & Pepper
14oz Sirloin - Cut Into 1-inch Cubes
For Tomato Marinade:
2 Cups Whole Grape Tomatoes
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
2 tbsp Fresh Rosemary - Stems Removed, Chopped
1½ Pounds Baby Potatoes
6 Metal or Wooden Skewers
1. Preheat grill to medium heat and if using wooden skewers, place them in water to soak.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard, and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Add the cubed steak and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes (up to overnight) so the steak can marinate.
1. In another bowl, add the tomatoes, olive oil, and rosemary. Set aside.
1. Place the potatoes in a large pan and add enough water to cover all of the potatoes by 1 inch. Bring the water to a boil and cook potatoes until they barely fork-tender, about 8-10 minutes. (They will be grilled later, so do not need to be cooked through.) Drain and set aside.
1. Grab a skewer and start with potato, then add steak, then a tomato. Repeat two more times and end with a potato.
2. Lightly oil the grill and set the kebabs over the heat. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side, or 10 minutes total. (You don't want to overcook the steak.)
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken Tacos
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes Marinate: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Cilantro Lime Marinade:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (About 1 lb)
2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
2 Limes - Juice + Zest
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 tsp Cumin
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Ground Coriander
1 tbsp Oil
Pico de Gallo
Cilantro - Chopped
1. Prepare the marinade: Mix the oil, lime juice + zest, cilantro, and spices together in a small bowl (this can be done at home). Place the chicken into a tupperware or sealable bag and pour the marinade over, shaking to ensure that the chicken is coated evenly. Marinate for at least 30 minutes (an hour is better), or up to two hours.
2. Prepare a grill or campfire for grilling.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the grill. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165F, turning as needed to ensure even cooking (approx 5-8 minutes on each side). Remove from the heat and chop into bite-sized pieces.
4. To assemble the tacos, layer chicken, pico de gallo, cheese, and fresh cilantro into tortillas (warmed over the grill if you’d prefer!) and enjoy.
Very Berry Dessert Lasagna (No Bake)
Prep Time: 60 minutes
For Oreo Crust:
36 Golden Oreo Cookies
½ Cup Unsalted Butter – Melted
For Strawberry Layer:
4.5 oz. Strawberry Flavored Gelatin (Like Jello)
2/3 Cup Boiling Water
¾ Cup Strawberry Greek Yogurt - Cold
1 Cup Fresh Strawberries - Diced
2 ¼ Cups Cool Whip
½ Cup Unsalted Butter - Softened
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
8 oz. Cream Cheese - Softened
1 ½ tsp Vanilla
1 ¼ Cup Cool Whip
For Blueberry Layer:
4.5 oz. Berry Blue Gelatin (Like Jello)
2/3 Cup Boiling Water
½ Cup Blueberry Greek Yogurt - Cold
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
2 ¼ Cups Cool Whip
2 ½ –3 Cups Cool Whip
6 oz. White Chocolate Bar or Block - To Make Curls
½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
½ Cup Strawberries – Diced
1. To make the crust ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling in a food processor to make fine crumbs.
2. In a bowl stir together ½ cup melted butter with Oreo crumbs until evenly moistened, then press the mixture in the bottom of 9 x 13 x 2-inch dish, set in the freezer to firm while making next
1. In a large heath proof bowl place strawberry Jello, add 2/3 cup boiling water and stir to dissolve completely.
2. Whisk in ¾ cup cold strawberry Greek yogurt until combine, then stir in diced strawberries. Add 2 ¼ cups Cool Whip and mix until combine evenly.
3. Pour the mixture over Oreo crust layer and smooth the top. Place in the freezer for 25-30 minutes to set.
1. In a bowl cream together ½ cup softened butter, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add 1 ¼ cup Cool Whip and mix to combine.
2. Spoon over strawberry layer and gently spread into an even layer. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm.
1. In a large bowl place berry blue Jello, add 2/3 cup boiling water and stir to dissolve completely.
2. In a food processor pulse blueberry Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries. Then, pour the mixture in the Jello and whisk to combine.
3. Add 2 ¼ cups Cool Whip and mix until combine evenly. Pour the mixture over cream cheese layer and smooth the top.
1. Refrigerate until set, then spread 2 ½ -3 cups whipped cream on top.
2. To make the curls, carefully draw a vegetable peeler across the broad surface of a bar of white chocolate at room temperature. Sprinkle curls on top. Refrigerate for 2 more hours before serving, or overnight.
3. Garnish with fresh blueberries and diced strawberries before serving.
4. Store in the fridge.
Strawberry-Lemonade Sugar Cookie Sheet Pan Bars
Prep Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 75 minutes
2 (16.5oz) Rolls (Refrigerated Pillsbury™ Sugar Cookie Dough
1 (10oz) Jar Lemon Curd
2 Cups Cool Whip - Thawed
4 Cups Fresh Strawberries - Chopped
1 tbsp Finely Grated Lemon Zest (If Desired)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray. Break cookie dough into pieces; press evenly in bottom and up sides of pan.
2. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
3. When ready to serve, in medium bowl, beat lemon curd and whipped topping with spoon until blended. Spread over baked crust. Top with chopped berries and lemon zest. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.